The Government of Yukon has launched the first phase of the Yukon Corporate Online Registry (YCOR). This online system will offer Yukoners the ability to renew business names, conduct searches for all types of business entities and print certificates of status and compliance.
When complete, full functionality of YCOR will also allow Yukon corporations, societies, partnerships and cooperatives to submit annual and periodic filings such as annual returns, changes of directors and financial statements. As well, Yukoners will be able to incorporate businesses and register corporations online.
“I know that Yukon’s business community has been anticipating this online tool for some time. I look forward to the future developments of YCOR that will help us improve our competitiveness and reduce time-consuming paperwork. This new online service will also support the many societies who make important contributions to improving the quality of life of Yukoners.”
–Minister of Community Services John Streicker
- This online business name renewal and business entities search tool is the first of three phases, which will provide a full suite of online business registry services when complete.
- Renewal of business names can now be done online.
- The first phase of YCOR provides free searches of business entities’ status, paid searches for business entities’ profiles and filings, and the ability to print up-to-date certificates of status and compliance for a fee.
- The online registry was developed by the Government of Nunavut, which is also providing the Government of the Northwest Territories and the Government of Yukon with a perpetual license to use under an agreement and to benefit from any future improvements to the system.
- The project is significantly reducing the cost of building a similar registry in Yukon while creating a consistent user experience for all three territories. It is currently being tailored to meet Yukon’s specific business and legislative needs.
- Corporate registry services are also accessible at the Government of Yukon’s corporate affairs branch office at 307 Black St., 1st floor, Whitehorse.
Learn more: Yukon Corporate Online Registry
Bonnie Venton Ross
Communications, Community Services