Premier Sandy Silver and the new Government of Yukon Cabinet were sworn in today by the Commissioner of Yukon, Doug Phillips.
In addition to his role as leader of the territory, Premier Silver will be the minister responsible for the Executive Council Office and the Department of Finance.
The additional members of Cabinet and their portfolios are:
- Ranj Pillai – Deputy Premier, Minister of Energy, Mines and Resources, Minister of Economic Development, Minister responsible for Yukon Development Corporation, and Minister responsible for Yukon Energy Corporation
- Tracy McPhee – Minister of Justice and Minister of Education
- John Streicker – Minister of Community Services, Minister responsible for French Language Services Directorate, Minister responsible for Yukon Liquor Corporation and Minister responsible for Yukon Lottery Commission
- Pauline Frost – Minister of Health and Social Services, Minister of Environment, and Minister responsible for Yukon Housing Corporation
- Richard Mostyn – Minister of Highways and Public Works and Minister for the Public Service Commission
- Jeanie Dendys – Minister of Tourism and Culture, Minister responsible for Women’s Directorate and Minister Responsible for Yukon Workers Compensation Health and Safety Board
“I am very proud of the team that took their oaths with me today. Each member of this cabinet brings their own unique skills and experience. Together, we will work collaboratively and tirelessly for the benefit of Yukoners.”
–Premier Sandy Silver
- The Liberal government was elected on November 7, 2016 with a total of 11 members.
- Prior to their majority win, Premier Sandy Silver was the only member of the third party in the legislature. He was first elected on October 11, 2011.
- Premier Sandy Silver is the first Premier elected from the Klondike riding.