WHITEHORSE—The public is invited to join the Honourable Doug Phillips, Commissioner of Yukon, to ring in 2016 and acknowledge exceptional Yukoners at the annual New Year’s Levee.
Attendees will have an opportunity to meet the Commissioner, enjoy some entertainment and visit with friends at a reception that will follow the presentation of awards to outstanding Yukoners.
“It is important that we take the time to celebrate the achievements of Yukoners and to thank them for their commitment and hard work,” Commissioner Phillips said. “We are lucky to have so many talented and dedicated individuals in the territory.”
Each year outstanding Yukoners are recognized through the Commissioner’s Awards. This year Commissioner Phillips will present the Governor General’s Academic Medals to the top achieving students from Yukon, and the Commissioner’s Public Service Volunteer Awards to four recipients.
The Commissioner’s Levee, which is free of charge and open to the public, takes place on January 1 at 2 p.m. in the Westmark Whitehorse ballroom.
See list of award winners below.
Governor General’s Academic Medal recipients:
• Hanna Atmanspacher-Wirth - F.H. Collins Secondary, Whitehorse
• Kadrienne Hummel - J.V. Clark School, Mayo
• Dustin Grantham - Del Van Gorder School, Faro
• Nicolas Nadon - Ecole Emilie Tremblay, Whitehorse
• Jesse Berezan - Vanier Catholic Secondary, Whitehorse
• Nadia Moser - Porter Creek Secondary, Whitehorse
• Jordan Langenhan - Individual Learning Centre, Whitehorse
• Brittany Stutzman - Tantalus School, Carmacks
Commissioner’s Public Volunteer Service Award recipients:
• William (Anthony) Curtis, Biathlon Yukon
• Laurie Henderson, Mount Sima
• Jim Robb, Yukon Arts and Culture
• Gary Bailie, Kwanlin Dün Coyotes/Recreation and Parks Association of Yukon