WHITEHORSE—The new Government of Yukon Cabinet, headed by Premier Darrell Pasloski, was sworn in today by the Commissioner of Yukon, Doug Phillips.
Premier Pasloski will retain ministerial responsibility for the Executive Council Office and the Department of Finance.
“I am pleased to introduce the new members of Cabinet to Yukoners,” Pasloski said. “This team comes from many walks of life and will work in the best interests of Yukon as well as Canada.”
The additional seven members of Cabinet and their portfolios are:
- Elaine Taylor – Minister of Community Services, Minister of the Public Service Commission, Minister responsible for the Women’s Directorate and Minister responsible for the French Language Services Directorate
- Brad Cathers – Minister of Energy, Mines and Resources and Minister responsible for the Yukon Development Corporation and the Yukon Energy Corporation
- Doug Graham – Minister of Health and Social Services and Minister responsible for the Workers’ Compensation Health and Safety Board
- Scott Kent – Minister of Education, Minister responsible for the Yukon Housing Corporation and Minister responsible for the Yukon Liquor Corporation
- Currie Dixon – Minister of Economic Development and Minister of Environment
- Wade Istchenko – Minister of Highways and Public Works
- Mike Nixon – Minister of Justice and Minister of Tourism and Culture
“I believe the new Cabinet members will draw on their diverse experience, including that gained as previous ministers, to serve Yukon well over the next five years,” Pasloski said. “We are ready to work for Yukoners and committed to building on the vision started in 2002.”