WHITEHORSE – Yukon will be represented at various international mining events in China from November 10 to 19 by Economic Development Minister Jim Kenyon.
“Our past missions to China have led to successful investments in Yukon and we would like this success to continue,” Kenyon said. “China Mining is one of the world’s top four mining events, attracting over 3,000 delegates from nearly 50 countries. Yukon will have the opportunity to promote and facilitate long-term mining investment leading to sustainable economic development in the territory.”
Kenyon will be accompanied by officials from the departments of Economic Development and Energy, Mines and Resources who will be involved in a number of forums, information sessions and networking opportunities including:
• Mineral Investment Forums in Hong Kong and Beijing in partnership with Natural Resources Canada and the mining investment promotion consortium of Yukon, B.C., Saskatchewan and Newfoundland;
• A Yukon Night reception in Beijing;
• The China Mining Congress and Expo in Tianjin;
• Meetings with Yunnan Chihong Zinc & Germanium Co. Ltd. in Qujing and Yunnan Metallurgical Group Co. Ltd. in Kunming, Yunnan Province; and
• Various meetings between Yukon-based mining companies and potential Chinese investors throughout the mission.
“The Yukon government has established a strong relationship with the Chinese government over the past several years,” Kenyon added. “This relationship has facilitated the investment of $460 million in Yukon-based mining companies to date.”
Representatives from Selwyn Resources Ltd., Victoria Gold Corp. and Western Copper Corp. will be in attendance to present their Yukon properties and discuss mining activities and investment opportunities at various venues.
For more information on China Mining Congress and Expo, visit www.china-mining.org/en/.
|Mary Rose Metcalfe|
Economic Development Communications